November 26, 2018

30 Things I Learnt From Finishing My 100 Pages Idea Book in (Almost) A Year: WIP Update #3

  1. It took me the entire 10 months to think about at least 20 different ideas that have no depth at all.
  2. It took me only 26 days to dig into one focused idea. 
  3. I don't do tables. 
  4. I do graphs. 
  5. I draw rough sketches.
  6. I don't need a neat hand-writing. 
  7. I forget what I wrote.
  8. I need to re-read (like.. thousand times) to go deep. 
  9. I never really running out of ideas.  
  10. I'm a hard-core plotter.
  11. I outline better with a wooden pencil.
  12. I don't do word count goals. 
  13. I do focus-on-the-goddamn-idea goals.
  14. Writing made me have nightmares. 
  15. Writing made me cry.  
  16. Writing 24/7 is not healthy.
  17. My brain doesn't work at night. 
  18. Coffee is a life savior. 
  19. Coffee stops period!
  20. Watching other writers' struggle helps.
  21. Sharing to other writers about my struggle helps. 
  22. Sharing to non-writers about my struggle increases anxiety. 
  23. The 15-minutes-deep-work method works.
  24. I don't need music. 
  25. I need a raiforest background music.
  26. I don't write in public. 
  27. OneNote is better than Word (for though-dumping).
  28. I say out loud ideas when I have too much of them.
  29. When in public, I pretend like I'm on the phone, to record ideas. 
  30. Imitating the writing structure of best-seller helps (a lot!).

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment