January 5, 2014

How Writing Journal Can Change Your Life


Okay, buddy. I just felt like really wanna regularly post something in this blog since the very first day of January in this new year. I posted on the third day, actually. But that okay, huh? I've just read an appealing article about the use of writing a journal regularly in your life. I didn't pay much attention on the beginning of the article, but the middle part was quiet interesting, because I think that could be my first step to be a future psychologist. Knowing myself through journal that I wrote, analyzing particular pattern that may occur on the journal or just simply laugh because of silly things in the past. I wonder the possibility of initial enthusiasm in this regularly writing habit. In Indonesian you call it "anget-anget tai ayam". I know it will end up like that, there won't be any daily or weekly post anymore, but monthly or once in a two months. Well, there's nothing wrong with trying in the first place, isn't? So, I'll just tell you several life changing benefits that you can collect by writing a life journal regularly, based on the article. 

First, writing journal, gives you opportunity to do a self reflection or self insight. When you're facing a heart breaking moment, excitement boosting event or any emotional thingy such as anger, misery, or love (maybe :p) in your life, you can make a relation with the way you solve those problems and how you face them. A routinely written journal, will challenge your ability in analyzing your own personality. Oh, great! This is what first year psychology students usually do. Well.. forget it, anyway. 

Second, for those who wanna still alive in the future, (come on dudes.. there's nothing admitted unless it's in black and white. Got my point? Okay, great!) writing journal builds your writing habit. You just simply have to force yourself, be disciplined and obey rules that you made. You've promised to have a new routine with writing journal, all you have to do, is just commit it. Easy, huh? Hmm.. I'm saying this doesn't mean that I've been that kind of person. I'm still a lazy me, easily wasting time me and hardly hold a commitment me. But, well.. I'll try to slowly but sure, get rid all of those bad habits. Who come with me? *raisehand* 

Developing your writing skill will bring you to a bigger chance of success than your raw level of writing (this is one of the most inspiring quote in that article). 


Third, when you grow up, get married, become a mommy, give birth to nice children (oh no, I've been thinking too much), your journal will be the best present you can give to yourself. You can re-read some old entries, and I bet you'll have a grin and a big smile. Or maybe you can be inspired by your own stories to make it as a fairy tale to your children (oh no, I'm thinking way too far again). Trust me, it really happened. I wrote a diary when I was on second class in elementary school. I found it hidden in the lowest part of my book shelf and I ended up by laughing a lot. A big laugh! It was like, "Hari ini liburan, aku nggak ngapa-ngapain, bete banget di rumah. Opi (my younger sister) cerewet, aku sebel. Ibu beliin majalah Bobo, ternyata aku menang kuis TTS. Seneng deh! Udah dulu ya, ngantuk mau tidur."  Maybe I'll take some pictures of it when I'm home ^^

Forth, if you have something to achieve, maybe you want to have more time in studying, less lazy time or get attention from senior boy that you like (hoho!), you can just simply write any progression that you made. It doesn't always a wax, it could be a wan maybe. But it's okay though. People are tend to move forward even though sometimes, fizzle is haunted. You can make a measurement of your studying time progress. It maybe only takes several minutes, but it's still an achievement though :)

Fifth, if you're facing a flat day, feels like nothing special happened, nothing important enough to be written, writing journal can encourage you to start looking at any simple thing and see it from different point of view. When you as anak kos go for some food at warung, maybe you found some bapak-bapak talking about their job, or the ibu warung offering cosmetics to her friends, or just a simple thought that usually appear on rainy day. As long as you're waken up, you can write anything. But back then, those all depend on you. Journal won't make any positive changes toward your life if you don't wanna make it happen. 

I personally realize that I'm still doing too much violation on my "have to be better" list. I spend too much lazy time with checking my twitter timeline every second, feeding my Pou, lying on my comfy bed, covering myself with my warm blanket and ended up by taking a nap for three or four hours ._. Okay, those all are crime. I'll never waste any of my precious time for doing those things too much, anymore. Who come with me *raisehand* OKAY! LET'S GO!!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment