June 5, 2019

I’ve Been Dead for Too Long

After finish reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, I become more conscious of my thought. I’m not surprised when I found myself couldn’t stop thinking, because that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing for my whole life. That’s also how I identified myself as a human. Noticing that it is just how everyone else’s been doing.

In fact, that way of life has made me a dead meat. I might still look like a real person: be nice to other; set some life goals; and have a hobby, but I haven’t been actually alive. The thing is, my thought has been running my life this whole time. Thanks to the book, recently, whenever I caught my mind wandering, I would shout internally, “come back!” I do come back, but that wouldn’t be for long. Seconds later, I’ll be somewhere else.

I desperately want to arrive at some point in the near-future, where I project myself as a better person with better life. I delete my unrealistic monthly goals and wait for the next month to come, just to set other seemingly-realistic goals. I rewrite my unchecked to-do-lists and convince myself that I’ll do them tomorrow. I wake up every morning and tell myself that it’s going to be a good day.

These doings lie on the same false believe: the now is a stepping stone for the better future. The now becomes a wait for an arbitrary thing called the future.

The clock time surely is a helpful tool for organization. It does give me lessons from the past and hopes for the future, but my life happen now. Once I’m done using the clock time for practical reasons, I should return to the present moment immediately and be truly alive by being in the now.

There is never a time when my life is not now. It has always been that way and it will always be.

I’ve been dead for too long.

Now is the only time to wake up.

Maybe, you are too.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment