July 30, 2018

The Day I Lost My Right Arm

One fine Monday morning, I woke up and couldn't find my right arm. It was not on the pillow, under the blanket, nor behind my back. It wasn't everywhere. I glanced at my feet, wondering if they were intact. Thank God, they were.

It was 7.30 am. One and a half hour before I should go to work. I still got time to find my other arm, but I needed help, so I asked you to come out.

"Where the heck you put it? You fed it to a hyena or something?" You were frustrated. Your hair was as messy as mine, we both always look terrible in every morning.

"I can't remember. I'm sure it was here." I pointed at my right shoulder, showing you a spot where my right arm should be. Now, it's just a 10-centimeters-long bone, covered by a thin layer of skin. It was like a cut from a neat-freak, that was operated during my deep sleep last night. "Help me find it," I said.

You rolled your eyes, seemed uninteresred. "Can't we just have a breakfast? I'm so hungry, I could die." You knew I hated complain and it wasn't take you too long to restate your offer. "Let's find it on nearby soto seller. You have soto for breakfast every morning, maybe it made you forgot to bring back your arm."

I noticed your stupid idea, but I agreed anyway. "Make sense." We left to have a breakfast and to find my right arm.

to be continued
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment